If you are like the majority of homeowners you do not give much thought to the components of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or unless it comes time to replace it. In order to get the most out of this kitchen appliance it can be good to understand how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and Champion Appliance Repair in Pittsburgh PA is here to explain.
Read on to learn all you need to understand about how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the time to hire refrigerator repair.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many houses that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-own household appliance for a lot of years now. A refrigerator can store your food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to eliminate spoilage and limit the growth of harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by transferring the heat from the inside of the refrigerator to the outside, relying on the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Champion Appliance Repair:
A compressor is a combination of a motor and a pump, and it is necessary for the circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is attached on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and will help to disperse the warmth absorbed from within the refrigerator then out to the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is located on the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs heat contained within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the appliance.
Once the evaporator stops working, it is time to find a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquid coolant is transported within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming the gas back into a liquid.
A thermostat helps regulate the temperature throughout a refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle when needed.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in CITY for repair right when an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature within the refrigerator is above the set point sensors alert the compressor to start, and the next cooling cycle begins. The unit collects the cool liquified refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit guides the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the outside of the appliance, where it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the room and transforms back to a liquified form.
3. The cooled liquified gas then continues on its trip towards the evaporator, pushing through the coils within the appliance and freezer.
4. The liquid absorbs the hot air from inside the refrigerator, cooling the temperature back to the desired set point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and will turn back into a gas form, and then returns to the compressor unit in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in many applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing warmth from a single area and transferring it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a home, provides a safe storage space for food that is perishable, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? You can schedule an appointment with Champion Appliance Repair.
Champion Appliance Repair will repair almost all major models of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our technicians in CITY undergo training to troubleshoot and repair problems with cooling, broken ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, digital panels, smart functionality and various malfunctions. We everything about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  Champion Appliance Repair